Monday, December 11, 2006

Slandering Other Christians

Yesterday, my pastor talked briefly about bloggers who slander other Christians on their blogs. He spoke of how wrong it is to slam a fellow believer even if you disagree with him. Nobody is ever going to agree 100% with everyone. We're individuals with individual experiences and ideas.

Apparently, some bloggers out there are saying some negative things about a famous pastor. Our pastor knows him and knows how badly it's affecting him. It seems that if someone is really famous and bigtime, we don't really see them as human, or maybe we want to put them down in order to feel better about our mediocre life. However, these people are real, living people.

I heard someone the other day talking badly about a Christian band that I know personally and really love. They talked about how difficult they were to work with at one show. Let me tell you something, when you travel on the road in tough situations and on little sleep, you cannot always be happy, easy-going people. If someone were to base my character on one show, it might not be good if they caught me at a bad time.

I need to be reminded of this, too. Nobody's perfect including me. The more I get to know more Christian "superstars," the more I'm reminded of the fact that people are people. I'm going to try to not talk badly about people especially family in Christ.

4 comments:

Amber said...

AMEN SISTER!!! I'll join your new "NO SLANDERING" campaign!

I believe we all need to do better in this area, even if all we know are normal run of the mill people in really small towns! Thanks for the reminder!

Keep up the AWESOME work for christ!

Anonymous said...

i think i am going to try to slander someone today just to see if i enjoy it... ahh nevermind, i think i will say merry christmas instead

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I think your comments on Daniel were superb. It was like a mini-bible study for me. Thanks! FYI, I went to see the movie put out by TBN "One night with the King." It's based on the story of Esther and it was wonderful. I highly recommend it! God bless you for all your do!

Barbara said...

totally agree.... did i'm going with the flow... hahahahaha just kidding!
i always try to make my own oppinion about something or someone. because as you say. everyone is different. maybe they don't like something but maybe i do.
And if i meet you, and you are angry... i'll understand. i know you are a good person. :)