Monday, December 04, 2006

My Grandma's Birthday Party

I'm in Florida with my mom, dad, and sister visiting my grandma and aunts and uncles, cousins, etc. We had an 80th birthday party for my grandma. There were almost 60 people there! It was so much fun. I got to see extended family and eat a lot of food.

A few people told stories about my grandma. She's an amazing women. She raised 4 children on her own on a waitress's salary. A waitress back in the '50's didn't make very much. She walked to the bus stop everyday in her Maas Brother's uniform.

They didn't have much but love. She taught her children how to love each other and others. All of her children have never been divorced and have wonderful children and grandchildren of their own. I looked around the party and saw how many wonderful people were there and had been touched by grandma. What a great 80 years she's had so far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, this reminds me of Medea

Do u know her.

check out tylerperry.com

True person, but now Tyler performs with a spiritual message.

Plus its' so funny. It got me cracking up literally.

My mom told me to lower the volume on the tv.

Try to get it at the library or purchase it.

Your boy highly recommends it.

pedro

Anonymous said...

Auny, give Virginia my best and wish her a Happy Birthday from the Godbey bunch! She has also touched us....and she is a beautiful lady--inside and out. I count it a priveledge to know her!

Mrs. G