Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Modern Day Prophets

Music is so influential. Yesterday, I was running errands all day. That's what I felt like I was doing...RUNNING. Then, I started playing some chill music and I began to relax. It's amazing how much it can make a difference in your mood.

That's why it's important for you to join me on this prayer campaign. I want to pray for our Christian musicians. There music and lyrics have such a major impact on the Church. They reach so many people with their words of encouragement. I believe that a lot of times, the Lord uses their words to communicate with His people. It's almost as if they are modern day prophets or messengers.

However, they are human and they need our prayers. Sometimes it's tough to keep the success of your career and the success of God's kingdom in perspective. Pray that they keep in mind that their purpose is to make His name famous. It can get difficult to keep that at the top of your agenda. Pray for those artists that want to proclaim the Lord from the rooftops, but they are struggling to be heard right now. Pray that they will hang in there. Pray for their finances and opportunities. Pray for the people that are working at the labels and radio stations. Pray that they have the wisdom to know what is best to promote and how much responsibility they have in getting out these words and messages. Pray for the whole industry.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also like moderan day levites.

The key word is like because if we see what a prophet or messenger or Levites really were....that deep consecration and dedication, it's very unique.

I'm not saying there aren't any out there. What u think?

and always in constant prayer. :)


p.s. New blog for the million time