Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Gift of Giving

Last week, Brock came to me and told me that he wanted to help out a family that I know. At first, I felt a little funny about giving to this family. They are not homeless or anything and he has a job. I didn't want them to feel like anyone was looking down on them. On the contrary, they are to be admired. Their focus in life is not making money. They truly are kingdom minded. They care more about the Lord and their family. However, this year, they've had car troubles and she's had some medical problems. Therefore, they are a little stretched financially to say the least. Brock was so persistant about it that I knew it was the Lord. I didn't write about it on my blog because she reads it every now and then. Those of you that read Brock's blog know about it.

Monday, when I took the gift basket full of gifts and money that we raised with the help of many others, she was overjoyed. I knew that Brock heard God because she said the timing was perfect. She just found out about some more medical bills that were about to accrue. In fact, she and her husband were not going to give any gifts to each other at all this Christmas. The Lord takes care of His own. What a privelege and an honor when He asks you to help.

I learned a lot through this. Brock really is gifted at knowing how and when to give. Therefore, I need to learn from him as well as trust him in this area. Also, something that I'm learning from the girl in which I gave the gift basket...when the Lord tells you to do something, you do it even if it's a little crazy. That's how He works a lot of times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I am an indecisive person by nature. The Lord taught me several years back that when in doubt, lean toward the most giving response. It is better to err on the side of giving too much than live with the regrets of wishing I had shown more grace. I have experienced many blessed times because of that life lesson. You and Brock have helped someone temporarily, but the blessing of the giving is eternal, because God's work is eternal. Mom in Shepherd

Anonymous said...

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

i can receive comments at my blog NOW!!!!!!!!!!

so.........comment everyone