Friday, July 06, 2007

Emotional

I'm having a very emotional day today. I'm packing up everything for 17 days. The hard part is that we are flying there, yet someone is driving our pick-up truck to meet us in Panama City Beach, FL. So, I must pack up everything for that week too. Then, I'm trying to make sure that everything we want to fly with is within the weight and size limits.

That's hard enough as it is. However, when you must say goodbye to your sister for who knows how long, it's tough! This is the last day that I'm going to see her before she goes to Peru. Honestly, I didn't think that it would be this difficult for me, but it is. I'm not used to seeing her everyday, but I've always known that I could at least call her. Plus, if I needed to get to her quickly, I could jump on a plane or drive there in a day. Peru is a long way away!

Please be praying for us as we fly to Houston tomorrow in order to do a show tomorrow night and three shows on Sunday morning. Then, we fly to Florida Sunday evening. We perform in Panama City Beach, FL Monday morning and then drive to Ft. Walton Beach, FL Monday afternoon to begin another full week of camp there. We need extra strength.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I lived the wife of a military wife for 18 years. I can relate to the seperation from family. Once I went 4 years without seeing any of my family members. But here's the neat thing, I had them in my heart, just like I have Jesus, no matter where I went. I found I took our relationships less for granted than before. Be proud for your sister and her husband for their commitment and be easy on yourself for missing her. I will pray for all of you. What you and Brock are doing is a great thing!

Oh yeah, if Brock eats lunch at home today you'll need to make him pay you $7.77...I think he's stuck on that number for some reason? (07-07-07...hehehe)

Have a blessed and peaceful day.
Teresa (in Georgia)

Amber said...

I'll be praying for you, Auny! I know this must be VERY hard for you! I'll be praying for the Lord to give your whole family strength as you all send your sister off! You must be SO proud of her!!! LOTS of LOVE and Prayers!

the Parry's said...

How you doing Auny? It's always sad to be away from family, but it is so good to know that she is in God's hands!