Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ministering to People

I've always heard that you need to minister to the unlovable. For some reason, I've also had it in my mind for years that when you minister to others, it has to be hard. It's almost like it needs to be annoying to you and a sacrifice of your time and energy in order for it to really count.

These days, I'm finding that's not true for me. The Lord is placing people in my life whom He wants me to minister to and I absolutely LOVE them. He's had me minister to people like Barbara from Mexico and our single friends at home. Our friends, Rod and Susan, and their precious daughter are on my list to pray for and spend time with. These people are my friends and I enjoy exerting my energy on them. It's like ministry is coming more natural to me right now.

You would think that my sister and brother-in-law would be dreading leaving everyone and everything that is familiar to them in order to be missionaries in South America. This is going to be a HUGE sacrifice for them. It is a big sacrifice, but they cannot wait to go! They are so excited about it!

I think that when the Lord wants you to minister to a person or persons, He gives you the passion and desire that you need in order to do it. Sometimes, it does get difficult, but that passion is still there. You mothers and fathers are supposed to minister to your children. The Lord has given you a natural passion for them. If you don't have passion for a person or persons, something is wrong. Ask the Lord whom He wants you to minister to. Then, ask Him for the opportunities to do so.

8 comments:

Barbara said...

your prayers have been heard. thank you so much auny. i love you!

and it is very easy when you really feel it and want it.


Tus oraciones han sido escuchadas. Muchas gracias auny. te quiero!

y es muy fácil cuando realmente lo sientes y deseas.

ginsmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ginsmom said...

Auny, I completely agree! I just finished an entire weekend of singing with my friend, Julie (I told you guys about her a while back). I've been dreading the jam-packed schedule for weeks, now, only to find the weekend completely amazing! I had so much fun, and we met some awesome ladies and sang some incredibly worshipful songs that ministered to people. It was a thrill! I was reminded of my passion for this stuff, and I'm so excited about other opportunities that have already opened up.

God is so good :)

Anonymous said...

Auny,

Something you might not have even thought of is what a great ministry this blog is to lots of people. You have the gift of ministry and you are a blessing in my life.

Please add me (Teresa) to your prayer list. I'm a single mom (my husband left me and our daughter) and sometimes life can get lonely. I am grateful for all I have and feel trully blessed because I know the love that matters the most comes from the One who will never leave me nor forsake me.

Be blessed today!

Your friend,
Teresa (in Georgia)

Barbara said...

we all are with you teresa.

AUNY said...

Yes, Teresa, we are praying for you. Not only will I be praying for you, but there are some powerful prayer warriors who read this blog. They will be praying for you as well.

ginsmom said...

I'm praying for you, Teresa! I went through a period of intense loneliness before. Once I finally hit the wall and found myself at my lowest place, God reached out to me in a very personal and powerful way. That season in my life turned out to be one of the sweetest times I have ever had with my Savior. I will pray that He will continue to show you His MIGHTY love and draw you so close that He fills the void of loneliness completely!

Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys for caring and for praying.

Teresa