Saturday, July 14, 2007

Last Day of Camp

Yesterday, camp consisted of one final, brief service. Brock didn't even do anything except come onstage and tell everyone that he will be back here next year. I was praying that our truck would be all finished by the time we were done. The only phone call that we had received from them that morning was them telling us that they didn't know what was wrong and were taking it to another mechanic. However, I kept praying and some of you did as well. At the end of our time at the table, just as we were finishing up selling and hanging out, they called saying that the truck was done! Thanks to the Lord!

Shannon, Kyla, and I began tearing everything down while Brock and Gresham picked up the truck. They returned just when we were ready to load out. It worked out beautifully!

After we ate lunch with Gresham, Kyla, and Shannon, we told them goodbye. Then, we came back to our hotel and took a nap. We were so tired last night that we picked up some thai food and just stayed in all night. I took a nap yesterday and still slept 12 hours last night!

We are pretty much done now. We go to Daytona Beach tomorrow and then back to Panama City until we return home on the 23rd. During that time, we only have 2 shows...one on Tuesday and one on the following Monday. After being at camp and with people and simply being ON for the last 6 weeks, we are going to enjoy the time together...just the two of us.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

auny,
i was at superwow this past week, and i really enjoyed the show. i also wanted you to know that i admire how you are committed to serving God. in todays world it isnt easy to be exhausted, even when things are going the best (such as your truck breaking down) and keep going. yall will be in our prayers!

Barbara said...

oooooooooo that's great!!! Your reaaally deserve this!!! Enjoy it!!
i'm glad everything gone well!!

Anonymous said...

Auny,

I'll see you guys next year at Ft Walton. Looks like our youth group will be able to make it! I'm glad things worked out with the truck. I've learned most all the things I "worry" about always work out for the best. Example: When I moved into my house I was disappointed because the laundry room was in the garage...in an ugly room with a concrete floor. Just yesterday my washer overflowed into the garage onto the concrete floor. Had the laundry room been inside my house, it would have leaked onto all the new flooring I just had put down couple weeks ago. Bad thing turned good! So see...just remember "The Washing Machine Principle" when you want to worry next time! :) And oh yeah, remember there is no such thing as "NORMAL" in this life because "NORMAL" is only a cycle selection on the Washer. Funny, we can learn alot from a Washer. I've just learned to look for God at work in every aspect of my life.

Enjoy your time together. Soak up the sun and the SON!

Teresa

Barbara said...

ooooooooo esso es grandioso! Uestedes reaaalmente lo merecen!! Disfrutenlo!!
estoy feliz de que todo salio bien!!

Amber said...

Sounds like you two are due for some much needed relaxation:) ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus for everyday life that reminds us of how much we need You! *WOW. Washing Machine* Great analogy! I feel like I'm going (and been going) through a "SPIN CYCLE" at work. Thanks 'teresa (in georgia) for that example.
Thank you, Lord for supplying the needs of 'LIFE ON THE ROAD' with Brock! Give them favor each day!
Ronnie in Houston

Anonymous said...

You guys are great!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ronnie in Houston! I also love the analogy of the washing machine....and I was also on the spin cycle at work this week and then the load became unbalanced! That was when I closed my door and said that I had to have a few--I needed to talk with the greatest Repair Man of all times! A few minutes with Him and I was running smooth again!

Mrs. G