Monday, July 30, 2007

Kay's Memory

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just received a phone call from my sister,Kay, who is in Peru last night. The caller ID said "2." I figured the number would be longer all the way from Peru, but this is easy! I think she's using some wacky calling card.

This is one of my sister's blogs after we said goodbye back a few weeks ago:

In April, we said goodbye to church families and friends. Yesterday I said goodbye to my sister, Auny. Of course, it wasn’t goodbye, goodbye; but something about moving from U.S. soil moves the “see you later” up a notch. It was hard. My sister and I have always had a special relationship.

It made me think of a time when we sat on the beach and dreamed up our futures. I was in junior high and she was in high school. That was when we realized sisters could be friends, and we became inseparable.

She imagined she would be a child psychologist, her career plan for a long time. She would spend a lot of her time traveling the country and occasionally giving her professional opinion on Oprah. That last part cracks me up. I would live in D.C., be involved in politics, and often dress up to go to important parties. This now sounds like a horrible life to me, but I’m sure many people enjoy it. I think we had very handsome husbands somewhere in our concocted futures.

We would never, in all of our imagining, think that she would marry a Christian illusionist and travel around the country seeing many people come to know the Lord. Or that I would be moving to Peru in a little over a week to share the gospel with people who have never heard it. I can just see God smiling at us as we sat on that Florida beach, knowing that His plans for us are better than even our wildest dreams.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

wooow... that's beautiful.
It makes me think in what i thought when i was little.... it is very different too, and it will be later on.

woow... eso es hermoso.
Me hace pensar en lo que pensaba cuando era pequeña... es muy diferente tambien, y lo sera mas adelante.

Leah said...

I know this sister-love. My sister is my best friend. I miss her terribly as she is in the far north west on business. Don't know when she'll be back. :(

go to www.chadjarnagin.com said...

You guys halla when you want your B I B L E back. I gots it.

C