Saturday, July 21, 2007

Feels Like Home

After being in one place longer than a few days, it starts to feel like a second home. I get familiar with the roads and the place where we are staying. After we get done with a show, I always say, "Let's go home." I don't say, "Let's go to the hotel."
I get sorta sad when I leave a place. There are so many cities as well as small towns that feel like home to me. I know where to go eat there and who to see.

We've been in Florida for most of the summer. Plus, I grew up in Florida. Therefore, this is really beginning to feel like home. However, that feeling only lasts until I step foot into MY actual home. Then, when I see my friends, I forget about the other "home" that I just left. Sometimes, I remember that "home" when I look back at all of the pictures that I took or receive an e-mail from somebody from there. It's so bitter-sweet!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Ah, home. It is really the eternal one you are longing for. It is permanent, and you never have to leave! I hope you get home again soon!

Leah said...

Home as in your home in Tennessee, not the eternal one just yet!