Sunday, July 15, 2007

Unplanned VS. Planned Time With Friends

The other day, after my family left, we went into Franklin to do some errands. We had some time to kill before we met all of our friends for dinner, so we went over to the girls' house in downtown Franklin. We then walked around downtown talking and catching up. A few minutes later, we saw one of our best friends. He is getting a new job in downtown Franklin. Then, another friend walked up. We simply strolled through Franklin talking and hanging out with whoever we saw. It was very organic how we got together during this time.

Then, we went to eat at PF Chang's and several people met us there...15 in all. It was very much planned. We had a great time together. Of course, we went to the Cocoa Tree afterward.

I liked seeing everyone for dinner especially since we were only in town for one day, but my favorite time was the unplanned time before dinner. I guess you need both times. If I didn't plan sometimes, I would never see the people that don't frequent downtown Franklin. I'm going to draw from the memory of that night while I'm away for this last stretch of 17 days.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

i like the unplanned times!!
i had one a month ago. it was great!
i looove go out with friends i imagine this was very memorable.

Barbara said...

i have been reading the Bible, i had to buy a dictionary because i didn't understand some words! but is double learning. I learn about God and English! :)
Thank you Very much!