Friday, July 06, 2007

Judger or Perceiver

My sister and brother-in-law took a personality test while they were at their training camp to be missionaries. They paired up personality traits. One was either a "judger" or "perceiver." The judger plans everything and the perceiver just goes with the flow. We need both in this world. However, "judger" is such a negative sounding word.

Anyway, my parents are both very much judgers and Brock and Trent, my brother-in-law, are not at all. I think that my sister, Kay, is right down the middle. We discovered that I have split personalities because I'm either extremely planned or extremely spontaneous. I would rather not plan, but if nobody else does, I'm up for the challenge!

We kept teasing my parents because they kept "judging" on this trip while the rest of us were simply "perceiving." Which one are you?

5 comments:

AUNY said...

Nobody wants to tell me which category they fall into?

Anonymous said...

After taking a household vote I have been voted as a "Judge Teresa." Guess I'm just too organized? It actually works out good however, because my child is a full-fledged perceiver! At least one of us will keep the house clean! Hehehehe

Teresa(in Georgia)

Cheryl said...

I guess I am more of a judger than a perceiver even though I can do both. I like to have things planned out and stick to the plan - I guess that's the teacher part of me.

Anonymous said...

Like I said, we need both. I'm one of the only possible "judgers" in my group of friends. (We are all the creative type and have very unique jobs.) Therefore, when I'm not around, nobody does anything together. So, being a "judger" is not as bad as it sounds. I think that they need to find a new word for that!!!

Anonymous said...

Guess what? I'm an enfJ and Kev is an enfP - never would have figured that out, huh? lol Funny thing is years ago when I was 18 I was an infp, so some things can change :)

Tiffany