Friday, November 02, 2007

Think Great Thoughts

My dad is leading a study on the book "Good to Great in God's Eyes."by Chip Ingram. The first chapter deals with thinking great thoughts. I began to think of how many times I lean toward the negative. I am quick to be critical of myself and others. I waste time worrying about things.

Therefore, for the last few weeks, I have made a conscious effort to think more positively. I simply give myself and others a break. I try not to fret over things, and take them to the Father when I do. Also, I listen to worship music often throughout the day and recite the following scripture. It's amazing the difference! Brock has noticed and likes it. I am not as stressed. People are commenting that I look good. Quite simply, I feel great and it shows.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable---if anything is excellent or praiseworthy---think about such things."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite scriptures! I think that I am going to make a poster for my office using most of the chapter!

I know that it is hard not to worry, but I have clained this scripture and am determined NOT to worry--I have learned that I can be concerned without worry!

Your Dad is a great teacher! I miss him!

Mrs. G