Thursday, November 29, 2007

Running

Remember how I told you that I don't have any kind of daily routine? I do now! Brock and I run almost everyday. Actually, we are training for a half marathon in April. It's so fun! We run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then, we do some kind of cross training on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday, we usually take a walk, and Sunday is a rest day.

I ran cross country in high school. I kept up running rather regularly until we got married. After we were married, it was difficult to run while we were on the road. It wasn't safe for me to run by myself in an unfamiliar area. Now that Brock is running with me, it's great!

We actually bought some really good running shoes at a running store. The salesclerk there watched me run (that was a little intimidating). Then, he told me what kind of shoe I needed. I purposely paid quite a bit of money for our shoes so that we would stick with it. We have been faithful in running, and now we are going to run a half marathon!

6 comments:

AUNY said...

Now that I've said it in print, we MUST run the half marathon (another thing that I've purposely done to make sure I stay motivated).

Amber said...

How many miles is a half marathon???

AUNY said...

13 miles!!!

Cool Dad said...

Congrats on the discipline! I'm not good at running with someone else, so the wife & I have never run together. We couldn't pull it off anyway. We'd just start joking with each other and laugh too much.

Anonymous said...

I never realized how important the shoes are but Trent bought some really cheap ones for training. He couldn't resist the sale. But when his knees started hurting him, someone suggested it might be the shoes. He bought some better shoes and his knees got better! By the way, in our physical test before training I smoked him but in the test after training he smoked me. Not fair.

AUNY said...

That's the same way with me! I thought about running a marathon before, but anytime I tried to run past 2 miles, my knees would hurt...not anymore! After I got better shoes, they are fine.