Thursday, November 22, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I love Thanksgiving. You don't have the stress of buying the perfect gift for everyone, and it's centered around food...one of my favorite things! I spent all day yesterday cooking and cleaning. I cannot believe how long that takes! However, once people get here, I won't have to do much cooking. I already have most of it out of the way.

We have people coming over from all over. Our friends that live here that were unable to go home are coming...about 10 of us. Then, we have some of our friends from the road coming. Group 1 Crew is in town working on their new album, so they will be here. Tomorrow, Eleventyseven is going to come hang out because they leave Saturday for Punk the Halls tour. Today, we have a couple of people that we know from SuperWow staff coming in from Florida. Saturday, Kristin (or crackhead as Brock calls her because she's so crazy) is going to come stay with us. Friday, a guy from Atlanta who was with us for FX is coming. It's going to be a party!!!

Basically, we are just going to hang out at our house this whole weekend and let people come to us. We are going to eat a lot of food and have bombfires and such. I'm so excited!!! What are you guys doing for Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm about to make an untraditional Thanksgiving dessert....ice cream sandwich cake with whipped cream and butterfinger topping....yum! Then I'm going over to my friends to celebrate with her and her family from Florida...then tonight its off to my parents to spend with all my family. Lots of food, fellowship and thanks!

Thanks Auny for the impact you've made in such a positive way on my life!

Happy Thanksgiving and God bless,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

im gonna have thanksgiving at my house and... well read this post again and you will see

trent and kay said...

I am so excited to get to post a comment on your blog the day it is published rather than reading it by snail mail two weeks after you wrote it! We ate the traditional turkey and mashed potatoes with my chocolate cake that we gambled over last year. All in all, we had Thanksgiving with 5 other gringos, 2 Ecuadorians, 3 Peruvians and 1 Quechua. We watched a greatest moments in football DVD, Rocky II in Spanish, and Home Alone in English. It was our weirdest Thanksgiving yet, but I think we will have more to come.

Kay

AUNY said...

That sounds great! I wonder what the people thought from other countries who don't have Thanksgiving...in case you didn't know, Thanksgiving is a U.S. tradition only. We learned that when we went to Australia around Thanksgiving. It's just such a part of our lives that Brock was talking about it like everyone knew what it was. The Australians looked at him with a blank look. I whispered, "Remember what Thanksgiving is about...the pilgrims..." He then caught himself and realized that not only do they not celebrate it, but they don't even know anything about it!