Friday, November 09, 2007

Night Three of Corpus Christi FX

I cannot even describe last night!!! First of all, the arena was HUGE. I was trying to have faith that the Lord was going to fill it up, but I wanted to be realistic too. I didn't want to have too high of expectations because I've heard that the cause of stress is unmet expectations. We have enough stress at FX as it is. I was trying to have some sort of balance between faith and reality. However, I've learned that where Freedom Experience is concerned, the Lord tips the scales so much that reality is not a factor. The place was packed! I didn't want to have to fill up the highest level of seating because it was such a nosebleed, but we were forced to because they were standing in the back of the section in front of it. What a night! The Lord is good.

I don't know how many people were there last night, but over 1,200 people made a decision for Christ this week. Wow!

We saw one of our friends from college here. She is married now with three kids. She actually assisted Brock some at the start of this ministry 10 years ago. Her oldest child gave his life to Christ at FX this week. Isn't it amazing that the ministry that she believed in and devoted her time to would be the same ministry that would lead her son to the Lord 10 years later?

4 comments:

Michawn said...

Who was the friend? How fun. I know that God used y'all so much this week...so awesome. I SO want to come to an FX someday.

David Norman said...

Thanks for making the trip down. Next time, we have to all get together.

and the friend was my wife...

AUNY said...

Krysta Myers---Carla's roommate

Michawn said...

I thought it probably was. How fun. Crazy she has 3 kiddos. And so awesome, like you said, that the ministry she sowed into herself brought her child to God. So amazing how things work out sometimes.