Sunday, March 09, 2008


Yesterday was a crazy day! My day began when I woke up at 5:30am (after getting to sleep after 1am the night before) in order to catch a flight from Indianapolis, IN to Charlotte, NC. I looked up our flight and it was delayed 4 hours. I saw that we were going to miss our connecting flight in Detroit, so I called the airline. Basically, she said that the east was a mess and they were not going to be able to get us to NC in time for our show. I couldn't believe it!

We were not going to miss a show, so we rented a car and decided to drive the ten hours. We began driving at 7am. It was going to cut it close, but we could make it in time. Well, we did not count on a blizzard! Cars were spinning out of control. Eighteen wheelers were going off into the ditch. Some areas looked more like a ski slope than an interstate. We were picking our lanes. When it took us an hour and a half to go 50 miles, we knew that we were not going to make it. We pulled over outside of Louisville, KY at a Cracker Barrel. Brock hit a curb because you couldn't see it. The snow in the parking lot was already about 6 inches and snow was still coming down!

We were on the phone with different airlines trying to figure out what to do. A guy from our office found a flight from Louisville to Charlotte for $1,500 a piece! However, we couldn't make it to the airport in time for that flight. We tried a few others, but the connecting flights were delayed. It was a mess. Finally, we found a direct flight out of Nashville (of all places) leaving at 2:35pm. It was 9:30am at the time. It was normally a 2 and 1/2 hour drive from Louisville to Nashivlle, but in these conditions, we didn't know. We had to try though. So, we headed that way.

Four hours and $1,000 (that's how much extra it cost us to get to Charlotte) later, we made it to the airport. Of course, that flight was delayed for about 45 minutes. We finally made it to Charlotte at 5:20pm. We got our luggage and drove the 40 miles to the show. We made it there at 6:30, set up, and began the show at 7pm. It was all worth it! The show went great and 20 people gave their lives to Christ!


Michawn said...

I cannot believe y'all made it to that show! Wow!! Y'all are a persistent couple. Congratulations on getting there and seeing the results. Awesome.

Teresa in Georgia said...

My brother flew from Valdosta GA to Nashville TN on Sunday and had a 3 hour layover in Atlanta due to weather. Another co-worker was flying in from Augusta and it took him a whole extra day to get there. I'm glad you guys made it safely. Sounds kinda like that movie "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!" Thanks for your dedication to spreading the word of our Savior! God bless!