Sunday, March 02, 2008

Feeling Down

I need you to pray for me. It's nothing serious. I'm just a little down. Last week was a tough one. We had been out on the road for 10 days. I wanted to come home and simply rest for the three brief days that we had at home. That didn't happen. Brock had meetings and interviews. He had to go to the doctor for his foot, and we just so happened to have a dentist appointment for him. I had to do some follow up work from the days out on the road. We had our house appraised. We had to do our taxes. Plus, we're trying to get this chocolate tasting off the ground.

Many of our friends were sick and there was no Cocoa Tree to go to. I know that this isn't tragic or anything, but all work and no play doesn't sit well with me. I just wanted to get rested up before we went on this trip out, and that didn't happen. Please pray that I'll have strength to do the next few shows and that I'll get some rest soon. Thanks for your prayers.

4 comments:

Michawn said...

I'll pray for you and you can do the same. I think we are somewhat in the same place today. I love this life I have and the job I do. This is what I chose because ultimately I think that God chose it for me (just like you). BUT, it is also in God's plan for us to have rest. I know sometimes HIS rest comes even when you are super duper busy, but sometimes you need to physically be able to rest. And sometimes I feel like that rest just never comes. I will definitely be praying for you Auny...for rest, rejuvenation, refreshment (ha ha, the 3 R's...you should get a tattoo).

Anonymous said...

Michawn, don't give Auny any more ideas about tatoos. Andrea's mom

Anonymous said...

Amen to Auny's mom.

Brock's mom :0

David Norman said...

We're praying for you Auny. Hang in, and hang on.