Monday, March 10, 2008

Peace in the Storm

Even though Saturday was exhausting and stressful, it actually helped with my burnout. Remember how I said that I was on the verge of burnout? You would think that something like the day we had Saturday would push me over the edge. It didn't. In fact, it gave me a burst of energy. It was sorta the same feeling you would get when the fire alarm goes off at school and you don't know if you are going to have to go back to class or not. It was stressful and scary, but with that came excitement!

I also feel like Satan wanted to give us more travel problems to wear us down, but due to your prayers, he was unable to do that. Again, the Lord enabled Satan's plans to backfire. I now have no more symptoms of burnout. Although I'm physically tired, that can be cured quickly with rest that we are able to take right now.

At one point while we were driving in the thick of the blizzard and I saw yet another car lose control and run off into the ditch, I felt an overwhelming calm come over me. I felt as if the Lord Himself were driving our car at that time. I had the same feeling you had when you were a little kid and you felt absolutely carefree when your dad was driving the car. In your mind's eye, your dad was invincible---like a superhero! That's how I felt. Thanks for the prayers.

1 comments:

Steph said...

so glad that y'all are home, safe, resting, and you are "burn out" free. in the words of Ricky Ricardo from "i love lucy" ..."take it tizzy Lucy" in his cuban accent! haha. anywoo, have fun on y'alls break. praying y'all find another "cocoa tree" hang out. i know how important and vital that is for y'all...hang w/ friends time while eating...cause ya know, "a girls gotta eat":)!!!