Thursday, May 29, 2008

Anxious and Excited

I'm trying not to be anxious about this summer, but it's difficult not to. We leave Sunday for a month. Then, we come back for just a couple of days and head out again. Therefore, I'm trying to get everything ready before we leave. Once we get there, it's hard to do anything but camp. We are in our own little world at camp. Sometimes, I simply forget that life is going on outside of camp. The main reason that I'm a little anxious is that we don't have Shannon with us this year. That's going to be interesting.

However, I'm so excited! Camps and festivals are so fun. They are different and I enjoy participating in them every year. We get stretched and challenged in a lot of ways because we don't just come in and do one of our shows. We are there for an entire week. Plus, Brock speaks a lot more. I love to hear him speak.

This year, I'm trying to take a few precautions. The good thing about camps is that we stay in one place for a week or longer. The bad thing is that we do so many shows that by the end of camp, we are completely drained spiritually, physically, and emotionally. So, this year, we aren't doing any other projects except shows. Then, when we do have days off (which are precious few) we are going to rest and not work. After all of our camps are finished, we are taking two weeks off. We aren't going on vacation. We are going home. There's lots of stuff that we must catch up on at home after being gone for two months. I hope that this works better this year!

2 comments:

Steph said...

will be praying for yall most asuredly. sounds like your pretty organized and ready to go except for the anxious part:) you know you have friends and family lifting the both of you up in prayer.

check your e-amil my friend.

Anonymous said...

Have a great summer!!! Sounds like you will be busy but happy, ha!!

We are always thinking about you...

Lucy Thomas