Sunday, May 25, 2008

Investments

My mom always told me that it doesn't matter where you live. You can live on the beach or in the mountains or wherever, but it's not about the place. It's all about the people around you.

This year, I've learned how to invest in others with my money. Brock's always been very giving, but it doesn't come naturally to me. I'm not stingy, I just didn't know how to give to others. I just tithed my 10% to the church every month. That's great, but Brock has taught me that giving over and beyond is when you are truly giving. It's that sacrificial giving that really blesses everyone.

I've learned something thinking about Lucas, Frank, Delaine and Travis, and Nikki. We make money investments for our future which is great. It's responsible to make investments so that in 30 years, your investments will pay off. However, one thing that I'm learning is the investment we need to make in people. It may take years to see the results if ever, but it's worth it! You intentionally make money investments. Well, I want to intentionally invest in people. The value of stocks will go up and down. Banks can fail, but an investment in a person is priceless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

its 1:45am. Did we just pass u guy's on i70 near Denver?!

Tyler

AUNY said...

No. We're at home. We don't drive our big truck anymore. The bmx team drives it now, but they are home, too.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, weird. You'll find more info this week on our site, but as of now it looks like we're moving to Houston. Crazy, but right.

AUNY said...

Cool! We may actually get to see you there, because my parents live near there. Keep us posted. I'll keep checking your blog.