Thursday, May 01, 2008

DVD Shoot and Anxiety Dreams

The dvd shoot went better than I expected. The weather was perfect. Several people came out to do it. It was really fun! The best part was that I didn't have to be in it at all. Also, someone from our office, Jacob, was heading it up. Therefore, I was just there to assist in any way. The responsibility of it didn't sit on my shoulders. That was great because live show is my thing...filming is not.

The day started out badly for me because I had two anxiety dreams. The first one consisted of me doing a chocolate tasting really quickly. I had to do it in like 5 minutes. I woke up in the early hours of the morning feeling like I had run all night. Then, I went back to sleep and had a very typical dream for me: we were doing a show. For some reason, I couldn't get our props or music or anything together. Every time I'd try to use logic to problem solve, but everything in the dream wasn't logical. It's like I was thinking realistically in an unrealistic world but didn't know it. Also, the audience was just sitting there for 30 minutes doing nothing but waiting on us to get our act together. In real life, I hate dead time...30 seconds won't do much less 30 minutes! I finally woke up frustrated, tired, and humiliated.

This made me tired and a little cranky at the beginning of the day. I need to figure out how to not have these dreams anymore. When we are working hard, I can have them a few times a month. It really throws me off especially on days when I need to have good rest. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter was having night terrors about a year ago. While she was dealing with the underlying issues, I would pray over her while she slept and just ask God to give her a peaceful sleep. So we would rotate who got the restful sleep ;-)

Rhonda

AUNY said...

Hmmm...these aren't night terrors, but I do know that prayer can take care of anything.

trent and kay said...

Get Brock to hypnotize you. :)