Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nikki

I wanted to share the letter that I got the other day with you. It's from Nikki who was in the youth group at a church that we were a part of when we lived in Conroe, TX several years ago:

I'm not sure how much you remember me because it's been almost 9 years since I used to hang out with ya'll when you lived in Conroe, but I found these letters I never mailed, and I just thought I should send them to you. I wrote these letters after our ski trip that we went on to Winter Park with the West Conroe Baptist Church youth group.

Anyway, I'm 24 years old now---I've been married for almost 2 years, and I live in College Station, TX. I'm still following the Lord, and I just wanted to thank you both for being my friend in high school and for setting an example of leadership and godly living. Some of my best memories in high school were spent hanging out with ya'll.

Well, enjoy these two rather belated letters. I hope that you're doing awesome.


She then added the two letters that she wrote to each of us in '99. They are funny. In mine she talks about a guy that she likes and is praying about whether she should date him or not. It's amazing that after 9 years, she found those letters and thought of us. What an encouragement to us!

3 comments:

AUNY said...

We lived in Conroe, TX before we lived on the road for 2 years. Then, we moved to Nashville.

Barbara said...

aaa! the old things bring so good memories. =)

Anonymous said...

it shows ya that when you pour into people lives are changed. you may not see it for a few years but you are making a difference