Saturday, May 31, 2008

Giving Your Time

I told you that I am learning about investing my money in people (giving). One of my Bible studies talked about the joy of giving. There are so many scriptures that say that you will be blessed when you give to others. That's certainly not the reason you give, but it just happens. Since we have been doing Chocolate Tastings and Parties with a Purpose, the Lord is just blessing us. We bought our first piece of furniture and a second car (in the 9 years that we've been married, this is the first time we've had a second car) all in one week!

Yesterday, I learned something else...how to give your time. I am a people person, but when it comes to our work, I'm very task oriented. We had a lot to do yesterday in order to get ready to leave tomorrow. In the midst of all of our errands, Brock (who is ALWAYS a people person) pulls over and helps some ladies change a flat tire. Something amazing happened yesterday. I thought that we were going to have to come back in town today and finish some of our errands because we had so much to do. We got done early! We actually had time to visit with some of our friends at Aux Choux, a dessert place in downtown Franklin. The Lord also blesses you when you give of your time. Time is such a valuable thing here in this country.

Go and read Brock's blog today and find out more about how he ministered to the ladies as he changed the tire, and it only took 6 minutes! www.brockgill.com/blog.

1 comments:

Barbara said...

i read it, it's amazing