Thursday, October 09, 2008

Anxiety Dream

I had another anxiety dream last night. I feel like I only have them when I'm about to get up in the morning and work. Today, a couple of guys are coming in from Texas to stay with us. One of the guys and Brock are working on filming a dvd that has some teaching on it. Anyway, they are going to be busy with that all weekend. The guys are staying here, so I'm going to cook and be hostess today.

I'm going to start to journal my dreams. Maybe if I can figure out what causes them, I can prevent them. I hate having them. It makes me wake up very tired. It makes me feel like I've been running all night.

Last night's dream involved some guy doing the show instead of Brock. He was doing a terrible job. Plus, I was playing all of the music from my phone (this isn't how I normally do it). Then, my phone broke all together, and I couldn't get it to play anything. I began running out to the truck to get our ipod which is our backup to the computer when I woke up. In these dreams, I'm using very logical solutions (such as getting our ipod for backup music) in an illogical dreamland (such as using my phone which doesn't even play songs to play the music instead of our laptop like we usually do).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I've been having strange dreams every night for a week now.

Haley said...

I also had an anxiety dream last night that woke me up at 3am. I always have them when life is stressful. We took a vacation one year when i was working a really stressful job and every night for a week I had terrible dreams. It's always like you said, you wake up and feel like you've been running and still feel exhausted. I hope you can get better rest this weekend. Love you!

Mom in Shepherd said...

I think it is time to get a new phone. Mom

Anonymous said...

One of the things that I found that helps me, is to pray before I go to bed that I have a restful sleep and meditate on His love as I fall asleep.

Sometimes God gives us dreams for a purpose, but it sounds like in this case your brain is not willing to rest. I will pray that you get reviving sleep and enjoy your productive week-end.

Rhonda