Thursday, October 23, 2008

Quiet Week

We are in town all week until Saturday. The funny thing is, a lot of our friends are out of town. Therefore, we don't have anyone to hang out with. Brock didn't go to his mentoring group the other day because it was canceled due to people being out of town. I did my long run in training for the marathon yesterday. I went to my friends' house to shower like I normally do, but they were all gone. So sad.

It sorta feels like when we first moved here 6 years ago. We had a couple of friends, but they were out of town most of the time and we were out of town the other times. So, Brock and I would stroll through the mall for no reason. Anybody ever done that when they moved somewhere new?

We are such people persons that when we did meet someone we liked, we'd get their number and try to hang out as often as we could. It takes a lot of effort to develop friendships when you travel as much as we do. We'd get to know people and then leave for the summer. However, we finally found a group of friends whom we keep up with even when we are on the road. I'm so glad that a week like this is very rare now.

3 comments:

Haley said...

I feel like that now. :( It STINKS not knowing anybody. Eva and I keep going to the park and I keep thinking, "I wish I could call a friend to meet us here."

trent and kay said...

We always went to the mall too when we were in Ecuador. We had a dog at the pet store that we would visit and pretended like he was ours. So pathetic.

Barbara said...

i'm in the same situation. my friends are in saltillo and the friends i have here are very busy....
Anyways, i love the malls, even when i have someone to hang out. i like to go to a mall for a walk almost every day.