Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Marathon Training

Well, yesterday, I officially began training for the Music City Marathon. Of course, the marathon doesn't happen until April, but it takes a long time to train for it. Yesterday, I only had to do 3 miles. That's what I normally do anyway, so it didn't feel any different. However, I made my best time so far.

I've got it on my calendar for next year. Only if I'm injured will I not run in that marathon. I feel like since I'm running intervals (run 6 minutes and walk 1), I've cut down on the injuries and recoup time.

This means that next year, I will have almost completed my bucket list. One being to run a marathon. Since we are planning on going to Hawaii for our 10th wedding anniversary, that will complete my goal of going to all 50 states. What is on your bucket list?

3 comments:

Chad and Rebecca said...

I really want to visit Switzerland. Also, I would not mind running in a marathon. I think about it and I go and get my running shoes on and get out the front door...and say, "I'll start tomorrow!"

Anonymous said...

i want to kill a mouse with a pellet gun

Barbara said...

this is sooo good.

my bucket list... should i have to had one??
hahaha i'm kidding.
Actually i always change my bucket list. That make things difficult.
3 days ago i think about it. And i realize that i have always differents things in mind and i barely made someone.
I'll do one... now that i have brain to think. Right now i'm soooo tired. I just want to go sleep.
and i'll try very very hard to make all the things. I consider myself mature enough to make some desitions and fallow one goal.
i'll do it. is in my bucket list make my bucket list hahahaha