Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Answered Prayer

Friday, I spent the day praying and fasting. My main prayer was for Brock's meeting with the producers of the television show. When Brock gave me a positive update on the meeting, he made the comment that we needed to get everything taken care of at home because we were about to get extremely busy. So, I began praying about that. Who could I pay to cut the lawn that I trusted and where would I get the money? Who could pick up the mail and pay some bills that cannot be taken care of on the road? These questions turned into worry and later...stress!

At church, we are going through a study by Rick Warren called 40 Days of Community. Sunday during our small group time, we were talking about being a servant to people within our church. At the close of the class, our teacher directed us to take on a project of service for somebody in the church. They placed a few ideas on the board and one of them was to help us out in some way. Brock said that the way we needed help was in upkeep of our house while we were gone for the summer. To my surprise, this is the project that the group decided to do. I listened as they talked about how they would take turns mowing the lawn and getting the mail. One friend is a CPA and said that she could handle the bills with no problem. One couple decided to be the leader of the project. I was so overcome by relief and gratitude that I began to cry. The whole group prayed for us as we leave to do a lot of ministry in a lot of places. By the end of the prayer, lots of people were crying. They were touched because I was touched. It may have seemed like a small task for them, but it was a huge service to me.

Friday, I prayed for two things...the meeting and the upkeep of our house while we were gone. The Lord answered both of those prayers. However, the one that moved me to tears was the smaller of the two. Why? I think that it is great that the Lord totally has a hand in this TV show and this shows His power by making His name famous on the Discovery Channel. But, the fact that He cares enough to work out the small details of my life shows His love for me. He displayed this beautiful love through my wonderful small group.

0 comments: