Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Learning That I May Be Part of the Answer II

While I was standing outside of the mall Sunday afternoon, I saw a young girl crying rather hysterically. Usually, I would just pray for her, but after hearing my dad's sermon and Brock's words, I decided to approach her. "Are you okay?" I asked. "No, I need to use a phone," she replied. So, I handed her my cell phone.

I listened as she and her boyfriend had it out on the phone. After she finally hung up, she told me briefly what was going on. She was from another state visiting her boyfriend and they had an argument. He left her at the mall with no car, money, or phone. Danielle was her name. Danielle did not know what to do.

After she told me her story, he drove up in a fancy convertible. She was probably no older than 21 and he was at least 50 years old. It was so sad to me. However, I acted and helped her by offering my phone. Who knows what she would have done if I had not. I'm learning that I need to not only listen to God, but I might need to act as well. Sometimes, their need is something physical like a hug or a phone. It was so easy to allow the girl to borrow my phone. It also was not difficult to simply ask what was wrong. Now, I can still pray for Danielle's spiritual life.

Tell me about some of your experiences where you were part of the answer. You can e-mail me or comment below.

0 comments: