Friday, May 13, 2005

The Frangrance of Rain

I'm sitting in our trailer as the rain is coming down. I feel as if the sweet fragrance and the gentle drops are a reminder to me of God's sovereinty. You see, we were praying for rain. We were supposed to do our event outside at a festival. Since the forecast called for rain, we decided to move it indoors all three nights. However, yesterday and today, we have not had a drop of rain until now. We wanted rain so that the people who set up everything outside wouldn't feel slighted and that students would choose our event over the festival.

A lot of things went wrong today. The band's bus will not start. Our battery on our truck keeps dying. Brock lost his passpot which he needs to fly to Isreal Sunday morning. The building didn't contain enough power for our equipment, and we lost the peices which hang up our stage lights.

Brock stopped everyone who was helping set up the show and gathered us around to pray. After the prayer, one guy said that we must place it completely in His hands. My mom had just told me on the phone that I place too much on my shoulders. After I pray, I need to turn it over to Him which means not worrying about it anymore.

He hears our prayers. It may not always be a smooth ride and may not be exactly the way we want it, but He is always in control. I need to give Him that control.

When I came out after we finished praying and saw the rain which was an answer to prayer from yesterday, I felt the Lord. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

0 comments: