Friday, May 27, 2005

Flight Troubles is the Theme

This is a long one, but I think that it's worth it. This week, I've been writing a chapter in my book about spiritual warfare. I was just talking with my dad about how Satan seems to attack in themes. He does the same type of thing to you over and over so that it will push your buttons. You can be strong the first and second time, but when you get to the fourth or fifth time, you've had it! Then, you are weak and do not depend on the Lord, and you might even make some bad decisions.

Our theme recently is airport troubles. Brock lost his passport. Then, he almost wasn't allowed to get on the plane to Israel. He also had difficulty coming back to the U.S. He looked so suspicious travelling alone to and from Israel with a fresh passport in his hand. The only reason he was able to come back to the states was because he did magic for the crew at the airport. Then, they lost his luggage. We fly all the time and have NEVER had any luggage lost.

Yesterday, the saga continued. I had been staying in Houston with my parents while Brock was away. I was so excited to get home to see Brock. When I arrived at the airport, I found out that I had my days mixed up and I was supposed to have flown out the day before! I NEVER do that sort of thing. I called the customer care and she told me that all of the flights were booked until the following day. I asked if there was anyway I could go on standby. After some coercing and lots of tears, she agreed to allow me to go through security with a standby ticket. Everyone in the Continental department were so nice to me.

Standby is crazy! The flight was totally booked and there were 3 other people on standby before me. I watched as passengers boarded the plane and my chances of getting to spend the day with Brock kept decreasing by the minute. Somewhere in all of this, the calming presence of the Lord came over me. I felt Him reassuring me that no matter what Satan hurls at me, He is ultimately in control. Also, if I wasn't able to get on this flight, He would give me the strength to endure until the next flight, or the next one.

I had been thinking about my book that I was writing and wondering if I should get some help maybe from a ghost writer or someone who actually had written a book before. A ghost writer takes your stories and actually puts them in the book. They help with the actual writing of the book because they are so experienced in writing. The lady who was on standby in front of me and I struck up a conversation about the Lord. She was a believer as well. She made the statement that she only wanted to be on this plane if the Lord wanted her to be on that plane. Right before we were sent down the jetway, she told me what she does for a living....she's a ghost writer!

We went down the jetway and two others on standby behind me were about to board the plane. I heard some commotion behind me. They stopped the two behind me because two passengers had made it to the plane. I was literally the last person on the flight. I got home 10 minutes before I intended.

During flight, I just knew that I needed to at least ask the lady if she could help me. So, I sent her a note via the flight attendent that just explained that even though I'm only 29, I feel as if the Lord wants me to write a book about my adventures in prayer. In the note, I asked her to help me or maybe put me in touch with someone who could help me. I figured that she would never contact me, because I got the feeling that she was big time. However, after the flight, she waited for me. She gave me her card and told me to call her next week and she would love to help me out.

Maybe this was the reason for her to be on this particular flight...maybe this was the reason that I was to be on this flight. We'll see if anything comes out of this new relationship. In the end, the Lord always wins. If we stick with Him through the thick and the thin, we will be victors!

0 comments: