Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Nightmares and Bombs

I didn't hear from Brock all day Thursday. I was in the car driving to Alabama the entire day. As soon as I could get access to internet, I checked my e-mail to find no new message from Brock. That night I had a very vivid dream. I dreamed that Brock and I were at this hotel. Lots of men with guns came in and raided the lobby. They searched everyone and every bag. They stuck guns in people's faces. No one was hurt, but it was scary. (I used those exact words, "no one was hurt," when I was telling my friends about the nightmare.) I just knew that we were in Isreal. I was rather worried on Friday about Brock. Then, at the end of the e-mail I received from Brock the next night, he said this...

"i am safe...the bombs were on the other side of town .. no one was hurt .. i left jerusalem so dont worry .. i am in tiberious .. tell my parents to quit worrying..."

It made me feel better to hear from him, but it didn't ease my worrying. I guess that I will not really sleep well until he returns home safe and sound. What would it be like to live in a place like that? "The bombs were on the other side of town." What is that about?

0 comments: