Friday, May 20, 2005

Girl Trip

While Brock is in Isreal, a few of us girls decided to take a trip together. My best friend from college, Gin, and I are driving to Alabama where our other friend, Biz, lives at a Christian camp. One of our other friends from Florida, Amber, will be joining us. With the exception of Gin and me, we all met in the summer of 1998 when we all worked at Ridgecrest in North Carolina. We've been able to see each other almost every year because one of us was getting married. Now that we are all married, we planned this trip to see each other.

I am so excited! I'm so glad that Gin and I get to ride together. It will be just like old times. We took many road trips together. However, most of those were spontaneous. One semester, we took some kind of "excursion" every Wednesday afternoon. We had a blast! Our adventures have taken us to San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Nashville, Oklahoma, Galveston, South Padre Island, North Carolina, and various lakes and beaches.

However, this trip, I don't think that we'll take the scenic route. When we were sophomores in college, we took a trip to Nashville. Both of us are outdoorsy, so on the way home, we took the Natchez Trace Parkway all the way from Nashville to Mississippi. Plus, we stopped at almost every lookout spot. Some of you that have been on the trace know how stupid this was. It took us over 20 hours to get from Nashville to Houston! My dad was not too happy with me since this was before cell phones. I'm surprised my parents didn't have a heart attack while trying to raise me!

0 comments: