Monday, July 11, 2005

Daytona Beach

The show last night in Daytona went extremely well. The youth were very intrigued the entire show. However, it was tough for us. Yesterday's drive from Tallahassee to Daytona was rough. Then, when we finally arrived, lots of things were missing or broken. Our trailer was full of water. Our door to the truck is broken and had some water damage. I left one of the props in Texas and we were unable to do a certain illusion. Our bike would not start even though we had taken it in to be fixed. After Brock took the whole thing apart, he realized that the shop did not fix it at all. Therefore, we could not do the motorcycle trick.

We're just a little tired. I'm not tired of the travelling, just working. I'm ready to play. We're going to these wonderful vacation spots yet we are not on vacation. I find myself watching people in their swimsuit attire walking along the sidewalk and wishing that I could be them at that time. Don't feel too sorry for me. We are taking some vacation time in between our shows in Panama City next week.

I walked along the beach this morning. Daytona is the best walking beach that I have found. There are miles and miles of flat, hard packed sand. Also, I grew up in Daytona, so I had a bit of nostalgia as I walked along the ocean. I remember walking that same path as a teenager and dreaming about what my future would be like. I always wanted an adventurous life. I think that I got it! You never dream about the bad that will come in the course of life. I've got the adventure that I wanted but what I did not realize is that adventure means extremes. We don't really have an average time. It's either really good or really bad. My life is not mediocre. I guess that is what I wanted, and I need to take the good with the bad in order to really enjoy my adventure!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I think you are very fortunate and blessed to live the life you and Brock have. Sometimes I wish I could just get away from mediocrity, but then again I'm blessed in my own way to be able to stay home with my kids! I'm very glad you're going to get a little vacation in Panama City. That reminds me of a very special vacation I took, not too awful long ago! I wonder what you'll find there after " Dennis the Menace"!