Saturday, July 30, 2005

Video Gospel Tract I

There are people that we meet on the road that the Lord points out as one that we need to minister to in some way or another. Most of the time, it is a waitress at a restuarant or a security guard at a venue or someone like that. Usually, I give them big smiles and just let them know that I see them and appreciate them as a person. Brock often times speaks with them about just anything! He can talk with the local garbage man or a US senator with the same ease. However, we don't always get to share the gospel with them in so many words, so we give them one of our DVD's which contains a gospel presentation given by Brock.

We have performed at the same place in Panama City nine times this summer. There was one hotel janitor that really caught my eye. On the next to last show there, I stepped out the back door and saw him watching Brock from a screen out in the hallway. He was totally engrossed by Brock. So, I knew that he would like a DVD. I decided that since we were midshow, getting him a DVD at that time was not a wise idea, so I waited until our last show.

The day of our last show came about. I did not see the guy before nor did I see him walking the halls as he normally did after the show. I went up to one of the girls on staff at the camp and asked if she knew who the guy was, but I didn't know his name. Why didn't I just give him the DVD the week before?

After we were all packed up and we had said our goodbyes, I went out to give a DVD to another guy who had rented us chairs on the beach. He responded in a normal fashion. First, he was a little confused. Then, confusion turned to gratification.

As I walked out to our truck, I decided to walk through the lobby one more time to see if this guy was present. I began praying that if the Lord wanted me to give him a DVD, that he would be there. As I reached the door to exit, I glanced back over the lobby. Just then, he came out of a side door and entered the hallway. My heart leapt for joy as I knew that the Lord wanted this guy to hear His message. DVD in hand, I ran to the janitor and handed it to him. He did not give the normal response at all. He acted as if he were expecting it. I may never know what comes of this one little video gospel tract, but I can see that the Lord is working in this man's life!

1 comments:

Amber said...

What an awesome testimony. You and Brock are such inspirations to all of us who tend to live in our own little comfort zone's!