Friday, July 08, 2005

Fun Bag

I have a lot of time on the road just driving. We spend hours in our big rig. So, I created a fun bag. This is a backpack that has everything I need to keep busy while sitting in one spot without access to internet or television. Right now, my fun bag contains:
A gameboy
Two journals
My Bible
The book Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
The devotional from Women of Faith called A Life of Worship
A handheld game of Solitaire
A handheld game of Yatzee
Two issues of "Real Simple" magazine
One "Home Companion" magazine
Lots of highlighters, pens, and pencils in a plastic pouch
Lotion (coconut scented because it makes me think of the beach)
Kleenex
Chocolate (it's kinda melted, but if i get desperate, it's there)
Cards that I received for my birthday
Some encouraging notes that students have written me
A notebook
A sketchpad and charcoal pencils
chapstick
gum

5 comments:

Sara Horn said...

Hey Auny - do you like books on tape? I've got a Christian fiction novel by Karen Kingsbury that I'm no where close to getting through (it's like 13 CDs) you're welcome to use. Just let me know and i can mail it to you or hold it until you're home one weekend.

Have a safe rest of your trip!

Amber said...

Sounds like you've got a whole lotta fun in a bag. I wish you could stuff me in there so I could travel around with you to all those cool places!

AUNY said...

Sara, how long is that book? Yeah. I do enjoy books on tape. Brock doesn't though...too a.d.d. Maybe I'll borrow them when I get home. I'm reading this series by Francine Rivers. It's awesome! Amber, I know that you have read them. I'm on the first one..."A Voice in the Wind."

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a question as you did in the decrease publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=folder lock 5.8.0 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

Poker Pot said...

Rather useful phrase