Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Drive Day

Today is a drive day. I love drive days! Drive days are days in which we only drive to a city or home. We do not have a show on that day. Therefore, I throw my hair up and wear no make-up. Brock puts on a trucker hat and we just drive anonymously throughout the country. Usually, we drive 10 hours at the most on a drive day. All day, we sit in our rig, driving, reading, watching a dvd, listening to music, or talking on the phone. Then, we stop in random towns to eat and fuel up. There are many times when Brock says we've stopped at this restuarant or truck stop many times before.

When we are in the south, we try little home cooking places on the side of the road. In the midwest, Cracker Barrel is our restuarant of choice. The decor is not very appealing, but the food is great. Also, you can eat there often and not get tired of it because of its large selection of food. Have you ever noticed the stars on the waitresses' aprons at Cracker Barrel? They can have up to 4 stars. They aquire these stars by passing different "Cracker Barrel" tests. The other day, we had a waitress that didn't have any stars yet. I knew more about the menu than she did. I wonder if I could pass those tests? I bet that I could get at least 2 stars!

1 comments:

Amber said...

I never noticed that Cracker Barrel waitresses had stars on their aprons, I'll have to check that out next time I'm in there!