Friday, October 14, 2005

Books

I just finished two books this week...three actually because we listened to one on CD. I feel so good when I complete a book. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something. I always read two books at a time. One that is fiction for pure entertainment and one that is nonfiction that helps me get closer to the Lord in some way. (As you might have guessed from my last few posts, sometimes I have alot of time on my hands on the road.) I recently read Captivating by John and Stasi Eldridge and Redemption by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley.

My favorite books are:
Gone With the Wind by Margeret Mitchell
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers
Prayer: The Key to Revival by Paul Cho
Six Hours One Friday by Max Lucado

Tell me some of your favorite books. I'm always looking for something new to read.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Those are all AWESOME books! The only one I haven't read is Prayer: The key to revival. I'll have to check that one out.

Quatro said...

The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers was SO good! Also by Francine Rivers, Redeeming Love is an excellent book. It is a retelling of the book of Hosea in the Bible. If you like Christian Romance, Lori Wick is the way to go. She is my absolute favorite Christian fiction author. I have all of her books and have read many of them more than once. Also Foxe's Book of Martyrs is good to bring things into perspective. It taught me how much I take for granted. So many people have been tortured and killed for their faith. If you can't tell, I love to read. I would read every second of the day if I could. Great topic!
BIZ