Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cruising Around in the Church Van

During the days here in Quincy, IL, we have absolutely nothing to do. Brock rode his dirt bike with one of the leaders yesterday. So, Stephanie and I just had to find something to do. Our only transportation is our big semi. Therefore, the church let us use their church van. It's funny just me and Steph cruising around town in a church van. People would honk and wave at us. I'm sure that they probably attend the church and think that they know us.

We went downtown to a place to eat lunch. For a second, I thought I was going to have to parallel park that thing! That just wasn't going to happen. I had trouble parallel parking our little beetle. Luckily, we found a parking spot where we were able to pull in.

The place that we went to for lunch ended up being a tea room. It was packed with nothing but women. (I'm glad that Brock wasn't with us.) They also had all of these knickknacks that you could buy. It was a little odd.

After lunch, we went to a coffee shop. We sipped on coffee and hot chocolate and read our books until it closed at 3pm. Today, we plan on seeing a tree on which its trunk has a place that looks like Jesus holding a lamb. There is also a chopper shop here in this small town that Brock wants to look at. Hey, you do what you have to do when all you have is a church van and the nearest city is 100 miles away.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Auny,
The man in our church who drives the church bus, doesn't have transportation of his own, so our church allows him to drive the bus wherever he needs to go. I always get a laugh when I see him cruising around town in that big old bus! Enjoy your free time!!!