Monday, October 03, 2005

Kansas

We have been driving thru Kansas for what seems like forever! Kansas is so boring. It's flat and brown. Sorry to those of you who live there...I'm really sorry. If you want to see pictures of Kansas, go to xanga.com/stephydepp. It always seems to be cold here as well. Everytime we come to Kansas no matter what time of year, it's cold. On the way to Colorado, I was wearing a tank top because it was so hot. The moment we reached Kansas, it was freezing! Then, it was perfect weather in Colorado. I don't get it. Is it eternally cold in Kansas?

The coldest I've ever been was in Kansas a few years ago. It was 2 degrees but the windchill made it feel well below zero. I had just taken a shower so my hair was still damp. I ran across the small parking lot, maybe 15 yards. In that amount of time, my hair completely froze!

Last time we pulled over and slept on the side of the road in Kansas, I heard some running next to our truck. It sounded as if people were just running around in the back of a truck. We found out that there was a truck with cows in it that pulled up next to us. This time while we were pulled over on the side of the road in Kansas, I woke up and heard cows mooing. There was another truck of cows next to us! What is it with cows and cold in Kansas?

0 comments: