Monday, October 10, 2005

Lucille Ball Moments

I had what my sister calls a "Lucille Ball" moment this weekend. She uses this term when someone does something unintentional in everyday life that becomes comical. My incident involved a meatball. I ordered a meatball sandwich for lunch. We were sitting at higher tables in this restaurant. When I picked up the sandwich, the bread was soggy on the bottom and somehow one meatball broke away from the sandwich. It fell onto my lap and down to the floor. Because of the height of the table, it continued to roll all the way into the aisle. (Isn't there a song about that? "On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed...") At sometime during the meal, a waiter must have cleaned it up because it was gone before we left.

The most expensive "Lucille Ball" moment that I know of was when a friend of mine was using an airplane bathroom. He had a brand new ipod just as they came out on the market. At the precise moment that he flushed, the ipod slipped and fell into the toilet and into the abyss. He talked with the flight attendant, but there was nothing that could be done.

The funniest "Lucille Ball" moment was an incident when I was in college. My two friends and I would leave singing messages on our friends' answering machines. One of my friends really liked this guy and knew that he enjoyed the singing messages. After we had sung our song, she began to playfully talk about how much he would love the song and think of her and want to marry her, etc. I looked over and the light on the phone was still lit up. The phone was still on and her profession of love was now recorded on his answering machine. We had to get a friend of ours who was this guy's suitemate to sneak in and erase the message. That was a close one!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Auny,
Was it Gin who left that message?

AUNY said...

Yes, but I will not say who the guy was. However, he has a family of his own now and so does she!

Gin said...

Haaaaaahaaaa...Amber, how did you know it was me??????

t.newb said...

Very nice Auny. It was really nice for us to see you guys in Denver. We miss the touring crowd up in the mts. Tell brock his little corn post made me laugh...oh and people couldn't put their hair in corn rows. Gross.

Amber said...

I took a wild guess! You have such a great singing voice and it just made sense. It sounded like something you and Auny would do!!!