Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lunch with the Pimps

We've been at the airport and on a plane all morning. It was really tough for me to shoulder all of the bags in order for Brock to rest his back. He's doing alot better due to the rest, but we're still taking precautions.

By the time we landed at 12:35, I was starving. The local youth pastor picked us up and took us to our hotel. He said there was a restaurant in the hotel. We dropped off our stuff and went to the restaurant. It had just closed at 1pm. I was beginning to shake because I was so hungry. The hotel took us to a Japanese restaurant down the road. We sat at the habachi grill with a few guys. One of them looked just like Dave Chappelle and they were all obviously pimps. Brock began teasing them by asking what they did for a living. Brock said, "Let me guess...you are all school teachers." They began to laugh. Brock asked them if they were on their lunch break or on a day off. They replied with "Day off."

Right now, we are back at the hotel and I'm about to take a nap. I stayed out late last night watching a movie with my sister. We thought that it would be fun to see "In Her Shoes" together since it's about sisters. Anyhow, I'm really feeling the effects of the late night and early morning.

0 comments: