Thursday, October 27, 2005

Fly Show in Illionois

Okay, I have to admit. Right now, after being on the road for 2 solid months this summer and then going directly into this big tour, I'm tired of doing shows. So, last night, I wasn't too into this show. It was a fly show which means Brock does small interactive tricks and I run sound and lights.

During Brock's message, I went backstage because I was simply bored and wanted to read or something. As I was sitting there pondering how frustrating the production was in the show, I started to try and pray. At this point, the Lord told me that I was much more valuable as a prayer warrior than a production manager. I tried to get my act together and focus. I really had a neat time of prayer back there.

God heard mine and Brock's prayers. Out of the 500 people in attendance, about 25% made a decision for Christ! The youth pastor had 120 cards for the ones that were becoming a follower of Christ to fill out. They ran out of cards and had to use the backs.

Also, I was praying some specific things about this church that I felt like the Lord was giving me. After the show, Brock began to tell me his thoughts about this church that he got as he was speaking. As we were eating dinner, the youth pastor began to talk about the spiritual climate of the church. All of our assessments matched. That's when you know that the Lord Himself is telling you what to pray. That's my gift and if I don't use it for even one show even if I'm dog tired or bored, then I've failed the people in that town.

1 comments:

Amber said...

You have an awesome gift Auny! It's funny how when we do what the Lord wants us to do even if we're not doing it in the right spirit the Lord can still use us and teach us in a powerful way! He does it to me ALL the time!!!