Friday, November 04, 2005

E-mail from Springfield, IL

The following is an e-mail from someone at the Freedom Experience in Springfield, IL. It's a great testimony for the FX...


Brock, Auny, Crew, Stunt Bikers, Band…

I feel compelled to write you.

I helped with crowd control all three nights of your FX in Springfield. The first night, I was almost in tears when all those kids stood up and went to the back room to talk to the counselors…

The next night I thought, there is no way it could happen again… the first night all the kids were church goers on the verge of making the commitment anyway…or so I thought. The second night, just as many people started a commitment to Christ.

The third night, the ratio grew to what seemed like more “general public” kids outnumbered the real church goers…

The third night, you blew me away even more. MORE and MORE kids learning about Christ. They were learning that they can step away from the pressures of everyday life and live their lives for Christ. The flood of kids that stood up and went to the back room just blew me away!

I’m divorced and my son has to live with his Mom a little more than he gets to be with his Step Mother and I. We have him about 35 or 40% of the time. He is on the verge of making that commitment and I know if his Mom would have let him come to the show, he would have been one of those kids in the back room talking with someone because of your words. But, his Mom is not a church-go’er, and possibly a complete atheist. I have no doubt that my son will become a great Christian someday.

He doesn’t know that I have this signed DVD yet, but as soon as his homework is done, we are going to watch it.

I just want you to know that when I told you in the “green room” before the show that you were doing something wonderful that I meant it from my heart. I have never seen anything like the shows I saw this week and I will never forget them! We WILL see you again…we’ll travel somewhere so my wife and son can see your show in person!

2 comments:

Amber said...

What an amazing testimony for Christ, keep up the Lord's work!!!

AUNY said...

You are always so encouraging Amber!