Saturday, November 26, 2005

Gifts

Since we are not going to be around here for Christmas, we opened our gifts last night. Brock's mom's gift was the funnest. We made her wait until last to open her present. She opened the wrapping paper to find a movie poster with a huge picture of 50 Cent. Everyone was looking and laughing and confused. We told her that he signed it. The "autograph" read, "Whut up my white girl?? Here go a Happy H-Day from all da peeps. Now bounce to da front porch." By this time, she realized it was Brock's handwriting and she knew something was up. She didn't quite know what "bounce" meant, but she knew something had to do with the front porch. She went out to find a brand new Cracker Barrel rocking chair with a big red bow on it. We bought it back for her in the summer. Recently, her rocking chair broke, so this was perfect!

It seems like every year, we've given one parent something extra special. About four years ago, I gave mom a diamond tennis bracelet that someone gave me at a show. The lady said that she felt like she needed to give it to me because she was too materialistic. It wasn't my style, so I gave it to mom. Mom still prays for that lady to this day when she looks at the bracelet.

A couple of years ago, Brock made his dad a cajun microwave. It is the best cooker out there, but you cannot buy them at your local Walmart. Everyone I've seen is handmade. Brock happens to weld, so he had the resources to fabricate one. The bottom consists of a wooden box. The lid is a metal tray. You build your fire on top and place your meat down in the box. It cooks everything nice and slow and tasty.

Last year, my dad wanted a fish tank. We got a big fish tank for practically free, so we gave to dad for Christmas. I don't know if he intended to start out with a 100 gallon tank, but we gave him one. He now loves it. He knows all about the tank and the fish. It looks beautiful in their living room.

1 comments:

Amber said...

It's "SO" much more fun to give than recieve! Don't get me wrong, I love to recieve but the joy you get from giving is just simply irreplaceable!!!