Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Wedding

We went to a wedding yesterday. Brock and I get really antsy at weddings, so we prefer to have jobs. My job was to take candid pictures. I like taking the pictures that the professional does not get. For example, when the doors of the church open to reveal the bride, all eyes are on her. However, I take a picture of the groom's face when he sees her for the first time at the wedding. Whenever the photographer is taking pictures of the bride and groom cutting the cake or whatever, I take a picture of all of the people watching them cut the cake. It's fun and they can get the pictures developed today if they wanted to. The professional pictures take months to get back. I'm not saying that they don't need a professional photographer. I just think that you should have both professional and candid snapshots.

Brock was the emcee for the reception. He was so funny! There was a chocolate fountain and everyone was gathered around it dipping strawberries and other assortment of fruit and desert. Brock got the mic and said, "Whatever you do, don't eat the chocolate. It's just for decoration." Everyone just stopped for a second. About 30 seconds later, Brock told them to eat the chocolate and he also told them to eat from the buffet which consisted of little finger foods. Brock said, "Go get you some chicken and grits and cornbread!" None of these items were on the buffet.

Later, we knew that the bride and groom were about to make their entrance. Therefore I was standing where they were going to enter waiting to take a picture. Brock welcomed everyone to the Johnson-Dupree wedding. (Their last name was Davis.) He corrected himself and then announced that the bride and groom were in traffic (which didn't exist where we were) and would not be there for another 2 hours. Then, Brock said, "While you're waiting, go get you some chicken!" I was standing near a table of older people. One of them said, "He keeps talking about chicken. There is no chicken up there!" Another lady responded with "He's been getting everything wrong. He called them the Johnsons." One of the older gentlemen said that he thought he was being silly. The first lady replied, "Maybe he is being silly."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auny - Your article made me laugh out loud. I can just see Brock in action and I can imagine the looks on the faces of the ones in the crowd. Imagine what Mamaw would be thinking and we can all imagine the looks of some of the people there. Sorry I missed you in Alexandria. Aunt Darla