Thursday, May 25, 2006

Leaving Home

Of course I watched the finale of American Idol last night. I have not been keeping up with it this season, but I was home alone last night and decided to watch it. Brock had to go to a meeting in Birmingham yesterday. It was actually a very entertaining show with all of the special guests and such.

The most moving part of the whole evening was when Carrie Underwood sang that song about leaving home. I "left" home 12 years ago and haven't been back except for short or extended visits. Sometimes it makes me sad to think about it. I was just talking to a friend who is from Australia. She misses her parents immensely. I go through times when I am very homesick. Nobody quite gets you like family. However, this friend and I decided that we wouldn't be happy at home because the Lord wants us here. Sometimes I wish there could be a happy medium somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm homesick right now to see you. Mom

AUNY said...

Yes, you do, Brock, but we are family. You and me are a family.