Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Most Embarrassing Moment

Those of you who know me know that this is going to be funny because I've had some crazy embarrassing moments before. Yesterday, I did something that was up there...maybe even tied with my most embarrassing moment. We are hanging out in San Diego for a couple of extra days. Yesterday morning, I thought about putting on my bathing suit underneath my clothes since we were planning on going to the beach, but I brought my suit to change into instead. Then, when we got to the beach, I debated on changing in the car since the rental car had very tented windows. However, we were going to eat lunch first, so I decided to change in a bathroom somewhere.

We get to Coronado beach which is probably the most high class beach in the area. We plop down on the sand right outside the famous Hotel Del Coronado. Brock proceeded to take off his shirt because it was hot. He did not have his swimsuit on because the water is way too cold to get into, so shorts have the same effect for him. I did the same thing. First, I took off my shorts and then my shirt. At this point, Brock is laying down, but I'm standing straight up. Then, I hear Brock say "So you're just going to stand there in your underwear?" I then realize that I never changed into my bathing suit! It is like one of those dreams where you are walking around in your underwear but you don't realize it except that this was really happening!

I hit the ground! I hurriedly tried to put my shirt back on first because my bottoms actually looked like bathing suit bottoms. It took me too long to turn my shirt right side out. Then, I pulled back on my shorts. This whole thing happened over the course of just a few seconds, but it seemed like forever. Of course Brock almost had a hernia he was laughing so hard. I looked around and to my surprise nobody seemed to notice. If they did notice, they didn't seem to care. California sees a lot of crazy things. Maybe this wasn't so strange to them. It was very out of character for me though!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

hahaha. dont worry. as you said. they don´t care, i am sure.
hey. how is going your health?

Matt said...

LOL, OMG!!! that is classic. funniest thing i've heard all week.

Anonymous said...

One time I...
Wait-I can't top this!
You win, Auny. You win.
Good story!

~Diane

Amber said...

That's hilarious!!! Thanks for the best laugh I've had ALL week!