Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Loners?

Last night, we went to a gathering of artists. We had fun hors doeuvres and talked about art and the Creator. About 100 artists of all sorts attended. It was great!

One of the leaders talked about artists being loners. I don't think that's the case with Brock and me. In fact, sometimes I wish that we could be more satisfied being alone. When we come home, we're ready to play. However, our friends cannot keep up with us. They have their own schedules which doesn't usually involve going out on a week night. Our problem is that we work on most weekends. So, week nights we're begging people to just go and get coffee with us or something.

Our schedule on the road is so fast that you'd think we'd want to come home and rest. Sometimes that's the case but that only lasts for a day or so. It's hard to come home and stop. We've got that fast momentum. If I don't fill it with play, Brock fills it with work. Therefore, I'm always trying to call up people and get them to hang out. I'm our social director. Sometimes it's difficult because we'd go out every night that we're home if we could. Loners we are not!

0 comments: