Monday, May 08, 2006

True Love and God's Plan

At age 13 or 14 when asked what I was going to do when I grew up, I'd respond "All I know is that my husband is going to be in the ministry and I'm going to be very involoved." Of course, the Lord wasn't going to tell me right then that I was going to be an illusionist's assistant and travel all over the country jumping in boxes. That's too crazy right? It wasn't until almost ten years later when I fell in love with Brock Gill that His plan made sense to me.

I was driving my car in November of 1998 coming home from an entire day of grad school and my fulltime job. I was wrestling with the feelings I was having for Brock. Brock and I had been best friends for over a year, why was I having feelings for him now? He and I lived 30 minutes apart now that I had graduated from the college that we both attended and Brock had a year left. I didn't see him during the week anymore because of the distance and busyness of our lives. I had seen him Sunday night and here it was Thursday and I was still thinking about him!

Brock and I had too good of a friendship to ruin it by a relationship so if we got together, I wanted us to get married. I decided to lay out the fleece. I told the Lord as I was driving in my car that evening that if He wanted Brock and I together that He would have Brock come over to my house that night on his own accord. This would be very rare because of our schedules. When I got home, there were a few messages on my answering machine. They were from Brock. They got more and more desperate with each message and the last one said that he had to see me that night and he was coming over. I knew from that point on that my life would change.

On Brock's end, he had a miserable show the night before. He wanted to talk with me only about it, but it was too late to call me then. He began calling me that Thursday morning when he woke up. Since I was out all day, I didn't receive the message until that evening. Therefore, the Lord began answering my prayer several hours before I even thought about it.

The rest is history. Today is our 7 year wedding anniversary and I've never once doubted that Brock is the one for me because of the Lord's answer to my prayer that night in '98. My love for Brock grows every year and gets better and better with time. True love is a wonderful thing.

5 comments:

Matt said...

congratulations on a fun-filled 7 years.

Amber said...

Amen to true love, sister!!! Happy seven year anniversary!

They say if you can make it through seven years of marriage, you've got it licked! I hope ya'll have a spectacular day together!

Barbara said...

yes! love is wonderful!
i agree about you and brock was made one for another.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
i hope you two have more happy and lovely years!

Jeanette said...

Hey I remember when the trailer was stolen...anyways, I just want to say that I think what you and Brock have is rare ans wonderful and I admire how you guys serve the Lord together...:)

Anonymous said...

I remember how happy he was when he finally realized that he was going to marry you. It was a great wedding ceremony, I wonder if I can dig up the pictures. I'm sincerely glad you guys found each other and that you fit into that box!