Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Anxiety and Relief

It was Brock's turn onstage. I thought that he didn't go on for another hour or so! Nothing was set and ready yet. Plus, I looked out and nobody was at the sound board to run the music! I'm usually in charge of getting a set order ready and then making sure all of the tricks are set up and ready to go. Plus, I let our sound cue person know exactly what and when to play specific music. I had done none of this!

Brock strolls out onstage and looks at me like "What should I do?" Brock usually knows how to handle himself onstage really well when something goes wrong, but with no music or props, he was at a loss.

I ran back to the sound board and began to try to find some music...something to drown out the silence. Somehow, all of our music had been rearranged and I had no idea where anything was! Everyone was looking at me at this point including Brock who looked so disappointed. Thousands of eyes were looking to me to do something.

I had to think...I had to figure out what to do! Then, it hit me! Wake up!!! That's what I did! Relief came over me as I realized that I was safe in my bed with Brock sleeping calmly beside me.

5 comments:

Gin said...

That was a snippet of journalistic brilliance. Bravo.

:)

Anonymous said...

that didnt happen? but i thought...

Anonymous said...

uhhg, You scared me. We must always be sure of everything, right?

With God's help

Michawn said...

That was a horrible but hilarious dream. And I agree with Gin...great way to write it out. I am constantly having nightmares that I am back at work in the hospital and that it is the end of my shift and I realize that I haven't seen any of my patients yet, haven't given any medication, haven't done any paperwork, etc. The first thing that makes that a nightmare is that I'm back at work at all...I loved my job, but much prefer being able to stay at home with the kids. So that's bad enough without all that other stuff in the dream. :) When I'm pregnant I also always have dreams that I'm pregnant but not married. It's always such a relief to wake up to Joel right next to me...ahh.

Amber said...

AHHHHHH!!!!! What a funny nightmare!

It's always such a relief to wake up and realize that it was all just a dream!